Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Half Marathon

The other day David and I registered for our first half marathon. We are so excited. Running has become something I enjoy. I never thought I would say that, but seriously there is something so addicting about it. To start it is really hard. Hard doesn't even describe it!!! Each time you run you will notice it gets easier and easier, but then harder and harder. What I mean by that is you realize you can run a 1/2 mile without stopping then you want to go further. Then you make it a mile in an hour and you want to try to run it in 10 minutes. There is always a next challenge you set for yourself. My friend Dana has inspired me. Check out her blog and what she is doing this year for unfortunate children. http://www.52beginnings.com/ She has been giving me pointers and tips for running. Please be praying for her and the children she is running for as well as her family. She has a husband and 3 cute kids of her own who will have to be without Mommy while she is running these marathons.

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

You Go Girl!! You are an inspiration!! Oh and the GPS has really helped me to stay focused and motivated. :)
I agree with what you said about running gets easier and you can go further.