Monday, February 8, 2010

OCS

David is applying for OCS (Officer Candidate School). He has put in a lot of time the past few months getting every thing together. Every piece of info he has on his career goes in the packet. Last week he went down to Chicago to have a physical and his biggest thing is writing a letter that talks about himself in exactally 2 pages. This letter is from what I understand how they pick they people who get accepted. Being a United States Coast Guard Officer would be a huge thing for David's career. I really think he deserves it. I have been reading up on things and it is very hard to get accepted. David said it is easier to get accepted in to Harvard. Somewhere today I read that about 5-7% get in. The rumor is this next one will pick 15 people out of about 500. Now I am not sure how accurate those numbers are, but it sounds at most they will pick 30 people which is still not a lot. I am asking everyone to please be praying that they choose David. I am believing he will get it, but I know the more people praying for him the better. I know God has a plan for him and either way we will strive forward, but please don't forget him in your prayers. It looks like we will find out if he is in mid March and he would leave for 17 weeks of school in July.

3 comments:

Robb and Rebecca said...

Would that affect where or whether or not you move? Or would you move to where school is? I'm going to be praying for this for you. I really think that David is such an inspiration in so many ways. If he needs any input from others for what he should write, you should ask all of us. Sometimes it helps to know what others would say if he has to write about himself...

Stacy said...

For sure we are moving. If he does not make it we would leave in June. We should find out where that is within the next month. If he does make it then me and the kids would stay here while he is at school. The school is like bootcamp all over and we will hear very little from him. After school we would move to who knows where.

Carolyn said...

We'll be praying for David! I'll let Charlie know.