Saturday, April 4, 2009

My Focus

I realized something today while I was talking to Lyric........... he has grown up so much. I have spent the last 8 weeks really trying to focus on Judah in his baby stage because I regret not taking time to do that with the other 3. While I have been busy trying to focus on him it slipped my mind to stay focused on Allyn, Lyric and Kian and they age that they are right now. I don't want to forget that either. I am going to work on the balance of staying in tune with all 4 kids each day and what is going on in their lives. I learned today that they each have something to teach me. Lyric is a really smart boy. Today he taught me what a soothsayer is. I have never heard that word before and I couldn't believe that he new a word like that. I guess his reading is really paying off. I am excited that I realized I have a child that I can have a meaningful conversation with. How cool is that? I am going to embrace it and work at my relationships with them everyday. I say this over and over, but having children is so amazing to me. I do not take the opportunity to have 4 children lightly. I really feel for people who are not able to have children. I am overwhelmingly blessed that God has given these children to us! WOW! If I can love these children this much I can not fathom the love God has for all of us. His love is amazing, steady and unchanging!

No comments: